Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonna go standby.

5 posters

:: General

Go down

Gonna go standby. Empty Gonna go standby.

Post  Gozuu 2009-09-28, 18:47

Played to level 10 so far, got online for two hours during last week.

I'm gonna be off Aion untill I can log on without any queue. I can't be arsed spending this much time in a queue for a game that is only half as good as World of Warcaft currently.

Graphics are great, leveling are great - Server queues suck, I know it's just the launch of Aion, but they should have learned AND reacted much faster than this. But what can you expect from an eastern company that created the worlds worst MMO also known as Guild Wars.

If I am unable to log in without queues in mid october I will shut my account down and go towards other things or back to WoW. I am totally understanding NCSoft's situation at the moment, but I don't understand how they can not react to it.

Gozuu

Back to top Go down

Gonna go standby. Empty Re: Gonna go standby.

Post  Laust 2009-09-28, 19:45

What would you say needs to be done? Its really a dilemma for NCSoft, since they cant just make 20 more servers, since its a new game and most of the playerbase are just trying it out. Same thing happened with WAR, so many servers became ghostservers after a while.

Laust
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozuu 2009-09-29, 08:41

Laust wrote:What would you say needs to be done? Its really a dilemma for NCSoft, since they cant just make 20 more servers, since its a new game and most of the playerbase are just trying it out. Same thing happened with WAR, so many servers became ghostservers after a while.

There should be no dilemma, and the " it's a new game " is a ridicolous excuse as the game has been out in Asia for 6 months or more.

NCSoft should have made a lot more servers from the beginning, in-case some servers went "ghost" after a while, they could put a free migration to another server, but OH NCSoft don't even have capability of migration between servers, as they are a shit company with no clue how to do anything properly. They made hell of a game with Aion, but they are a crap company that cannot maintain it as it should be.

Its the AoC/WAR story all over again. Game can be good, company fucks it up.

As said I will give it two weeks maximum to get a decent queue on Perento. I don't mind waiting 30 minutes at all, I can do something in the meantime, like brewing a cup of coffee. But to sit as number 1400 in the queue, ESTIMATED TIME: 4 HOURS - Is not acceptable in any way.

World of Warcraft had the same, they just had WAY more servers, with WAY more capability. I spend maximum 1 hour in queue for WoW at it's release. I hated it, but I was patient. And 2-3 weeks after launch, it settled as they finally made some harsh changes to their servers.

Would love to continue with Aion, it seems like a fantastic game, especially the graphics.

Gozuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Laust 2009-09-29, 09:51

Gozuu wrote:
Laust wrote:What would you say needs to be done? Its really a dilemma for NCSoft, since they cant just make 20 more servers, since its a new game and most of the playerbase are just trying it out. Same thing happened with WAR, so many servers became ghostservers after a while.

There should be no dilemma, and the " it's a new game " is a ridicolous excuse as the game has been out in Asia for 6 months or more.

NCSoft should have made a lot more servers from the beginning, in-case some servers went "ghost" after a while, they could put a free migration to another server, but OH NCSoft don't even have capability of migration between servers, as they are a shit company with no clue how to do anything properly. They made hell of a game with Aion, but they are a crap company that cannot maintain it as it should be.

Its the AoC/WAR story all over again. Game can be good, company fucks it up.

As said I will give it two weeks maximum to get a decent queue on Perento. I don't mind waiting 30 minutes at all, I can do something in the meantime, like brewing a cup of coffee. But to sit as number 1400 in the queue, ESTIMATED TIME: 4 HOURS - Is not acceptable in any way.

World of Warcraft had the same, they just had WAY more servers, with WAY more capability. I spend maximum 1 hour in queue for WoW at it's release. I hated it, but I was patient. And 2-3 weeks after launch, it settled as they finally made some harsh changes to their servers.

Would love to continue with Aion, it seems like a fantastic game, especially the graphics.

True that, when I get home to a 2hr+ quere, I usually just close the game anyway.

Laust
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Zquiz 2009-09-29, 09:52

and some of us gets home at 22 PM.. so there is no Aion for me :/
Zquiz
Zquiz
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozuu 2009-09-29, 09:55

Zquiz wrote:and some of us gets home at 22 PM.. so there is no Aion for me :/

I just really hope it gets fixed. Had so much fun the two hours I could get into the world and play.

Gozuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dasch 2009-09-29, 10:00

I believe they will get fixed it further within a week. they just put up 2 new servers sunday evening, and hopefully that will make a lil difference, in the upcomming days.
Dasch
Dasch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zquiz 2009-09-29, 12:40

Lets hope Smile but we can only wait and see albino
Zquiz
Zquiz
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Eversor 2009-09-29, 12:57

yesterday the whole city i live in shut down for about 15mins, when i went back on around 20.30 - 21.00 i was in a queue of 2000.. took around 1½ - 2 hours, so its not the same as it was before they fixed Private Store abuse! though i thought it would get better as it turned the 25'th with the queue..
they could've made just 1 or 2 more servers, would still make all of em full! Smile
Aion is almost bugless compared to games like War and AoC.
Warhammer did the server split, a good idea but still fucked everything up if you ask me..
AoC, almost unplayable with all those bugs Razz
Eversor
Eversor
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Laust 2009-09-29, 14:17

Problem is, that you can still afk shop - aslong as you do it ouside of towns! You can also just auto-run into a wall, wont DC you either.

Laust
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum