Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFK shopper: To be or not to be

+2
Latten
Lila
6 posters

:: General

Go down

AFK shopper: To be or not to be Empty AFK shopper: To be or not to be

Post  Lila 2009-09-22, 16:48

What are your thought on the subject? Legit use of an ingame feature to bypass queues or a selfish exploit keeping others locked out? Would you/ have you set up shop yourself?

/discuss

PS: And yes Im bored again today. WOrk is quiet and all I'd like to do is get home and pla.. ehm queue. Sleep
Lila
Lila
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

AFK shopper: To be or not to be Empty Re: AFK shopper: To be or not to be

Post  Latten 2009-09-22, 17:05

well.. this is a tough subject.
On one hand I'm tempted to do so myself, as I'm very frustrated still waiting in the f*cking queue for more than two hours straight, but on the other hand I'm really annoyed with the fact that the large queues are way worse than what they could be, if everyone would just log out when they weren't playing.

That being said, I'm somewhat in between. If I know I'm just taking a break for an hour or two, I will stay logged in. However, when I'm off to school or god knows what else, I will log out, giving other players the opportunity to play, and saving precious power, thus helping me pay my electrical bill AND the planet survive a little longer Smile
Latten
Latten
Legionaire

http://www.myspace.com/violmace

Back to top Go down

Post  Tawii 2009-09-22, 19:23

i would do it dont really think it selfish, we can only blame ncsoft for it, they should really upgrade the servers or open some more so people shoulden wait for hours to get ingame

Tawii
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Pazia 2009-09-22, 19:27

Why don't they just remove the private store, and replace it with auction houses which we're found what is.

Private stores are the reason for the insane queue times, imo. If it continues after release in three days, I'd properly reconsider playing Aion in the further since this is totally unacceptable for me.
Pazia
Pazia
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Pozz 2009-09-22, 20:41

All comes up to personal standards of moral and ethics, myself after thinking a lot about it yesterday decided that being an afk shopper is not something I'd put a positive value on, and as such won't do it myself. I do however understand why some people do it Smile

The biggest problem with this is not the queues as they are "today", but the longer this will last the more people will do it, and in the end we'll have the same 10000(or whatever the number is) online ALL THE TIME with no chance for new people to connect.

Pozz
Legionaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Dasch 2009-09-28, 15:06

AFK shopper: To be or not to be Waitingq
Dasch
Dasch
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content